Thursday, April 11, 2019

Celebrating Failure


I’ve definitely experienced failure a multitude of times this semester whether it was not doing too good on an exam or forgetting to submit an assignment. There were many moments where I wished I could’ve went back and studied more or been more responsible. It’s easy to regret on a lot of these failures, it’s not as easy to take them in with stride and use them as an opportunity for growth. Failure is a funny thing. It has the potential to make you feel like it’s the end of the world yet at the same time it could be the best thing that happens to you. 

Therefore, I can wholeheartedly say that my past failures taught me something. In fact, it’s continuing to teach me something. I’ve learned to manage my time better so I can allocate better studying habits. I’ve learned to map out a schedule and put in reminders so I don’t miss any assignments. I’ve learned that no matter how many times your business plan or idea fails, you have to get back up and find ways to make it better. Failure has taught me a lot about perseverance and it’s humbled me quite a bit.

All in all, failure is hard. It’s not fun and sometimes it can be emotionally and mentally draining. Personally, I sometimes (well, most of the time) handle failure with tears. Lots and lots of tears. And sometimes it helps, it allows me to release all the tension I’ve been experiencing beforehand. Once all those tears gone, I have clear and open mind and it gives me the opportunity to reflect on a particular failure and grow from it. For example, I’ve definitely some form of failure with this class especially with missing point opportunities. I know it may seem a bit superficial, but sometimes it’s the smallest failures that make the biggest impact.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Roksolana, I totally agree with you when you say that failure has the ability to make you feel like the world is ending yet also make you tougher and more resilient for upcoming challenges. Failing for me definitely serves a larger purpose, lighting a fire for me to do better next time and changing my perspective to approach a situation to succeed as oppose to fail again. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roksolana! I react very similar to failure. It can be really difficult to handle at times. Sometimes I find it is difficult to move past the situation and to look at it in a positive light. I find myself continuing to go back to what happened and thinking “what if…” However, failure is definitely an important part of life and can teach us a lot.

    ReplyDelete