Friday, February 22, 2019

Halfway Reflection


  • Tenacious is a competency.
    • I have definitely learned more about time management. You would think as a fourth year, I would have protected this notion. It is still something I struggle with pretty regularly, but I am grateful to be taking a course that truly utilizes a consistent schedule and makes me accountable for my deadlines. As for behaviors that have develop my entrepreneurial spirit, I see myself becoming more open-minded and utilizing those problem-solving skills I never knew I had, especially when I am trying to improve on my business and its opportunities.
  • Tenacious is also about attitude.
    • On more than one occasion I have felt like "giving up," sometimes it was knowing that there was an end to a project or an end to a destination was the one thing that kept me going. The moment you realize there is a finality to most things, the more motivated you become to reach it. A lot of these assignments, in all honesty, made me want to "give up" especially when I had other deadlines and priorities. But the moment I got into the zone and began seeing results, the more determined and motivated I became. So in a sense, I did grow a more tenacious attitude.
  • Three tips
    • Do not procrastinate, make sure to be on top of your assignments and get ahead with interviews so you can get the most content and information on your entrepreneurial venture.
    • Do not be discouraged if your business has some flaws, sometimes you need to find those flaws or mistakes to perfect the business and make sure the opportunity can be exploited to the best of its abilities.
    • Use the resources readily available to you. Think of business ideas that you can execute yourself, such as DIY products or services
Image result for tenacity images




1 comment:

  1. Hi Roksolana,
    I totally agree with your second tip for future students! I found it so hard in the beginning to not only come up with a business idea but also to be confident in it enough to take criticism, understand flaws, and, instead of abandoning the idea, further evolving it into something with potential. This directly goes with the idea of being tenacious throughout the course as you have to persevere through the rough to produce an end result. Good post!

    ReplyDelete